26.9.09

Live V. Klitschko-Arreola Round By Round Updates Tonight

Can we please get a referendum on how to write the short version of Cristobal Arreola's first name?

I mean, I can understand how Cris might be the preferred spelling, since it's a shortened version of his full name. Yet for years I've seen it spelled Chris, and some sites (I'm looking your way, ESPN.com!) have it both ways in different articles. It makes things tough for hard working boxing writers and bloggers everywhere.

Now that I have that little rant out of the way, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I'm looking forward to Arreola's heavyweight title fight with Vitali Klitschko tonight. He deserves to be a big underdog, and I believe big brother Klitschko will win. But I think Chris/Cris at least has a chance to pull off the upset, and that's more than I can say about numerous recent heavyweight bouts.

If you can't tune in to HBO tonight, consider joining us here for live round by round updates by one of our intrepid bloggers. We'll do up a new post for the fight on the home page shortly after 10 pm Eastern time tonight, and then the simple act of refreshing your browser will have you keeping up with the action in no time.

'Til tonight...

Posted by The Franchise

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there an undercard?

Rev. Fred Sultan said...

I love how the media calls Vitali "boring"....Let's Remember; He has the highest knockout percentage (92%) of any heavyweight champion in overall fights, having lost twice due to injury while he was well ahead. Only one opponent was not knocked out in his 36 victories.He has never been knocked down or received a standing count.Cristobal Arreola is going to feel what power is.

spartan117 said...

Nope, the only undercard is the replay of Mayweather Marquez

uatu said...

i don't find vitali to be boring at all. He just doesn't have anyone to make the fight compelling. Certainly his fight against Lennox Lewis wasn't boring.