27.2.09

Predictions: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz

Uatu says...

Punches in bunches.

The Baby Bull Juan Diaz is bigger, younger, and more active than JMM. Sure, JMM may be the "better" boxer, but that does not always win the day.

Diaz actually has some skills and if a strong, true 135 pounder like Nate Campbell could not knock out the Baby Bull, then I seriously doubt JMM will be able to do it either. If this was 2005, maybe JMM takes it, but it is not.

Diaz UD 12. No knockdowns, lots of action, both men bleed, but Diaz does more. JMM will try to counter and move and will have success with his accurate sniping, but Diaz will win more rounds.

The Franchise says...

Wow, this is a tough one. Both men are obviously amazing talents, and this should be an excellent fight.

What worries me about Diaz is that his preferred method of attack falls right into his opponent's hands, as JMM is almost like Bullseye when he's countering. On the other hand, I think it's very possible Diaz will just be too big and strong for Marquez, who definitely isn't getting any younger.

Maybe I can't get his fights with Manny Pacquiao out of my head, but I'm having a hard time picking against JMM... so I won't. Though I fully expect the Baby Bull to give him all he can handle, I'm going with Marquez to eke out a narrow decision.

Posted by uatu

No comments: